Lowther Hills Ski Club is a family-friendly, volunteer-run Community Interest Company that makes skiing possible in the Lowther Hills. The club oversees the legalities, administration, and management of the skiing facilities, and regularly holds work parties to build and maintain our equipment and run the ski tows.
We strive to run the tows for our members at least 20 days between December-March, but this season our core group of volunteers is not regularly available. We are looking to employ a keen snowsports enthusiast who can make him/herself available at short notice to run a tow for our friendly membership.
We offer a fun and rewarding club atmosphere, as you make possible for our members to enjoy snowsports closer to home in the south of Scotland. Please read through all of the information detailed below and on our website www.skiclub.lowtherhills.com for specific information about the Lowther Hills Ski Club.
POSITION: Rope Tow Operator
DAYS: Up to 20 days between December – March, both midweek and weekends.
WORKING HOURS: 6 hours per day of work.
SALARY: Living Wage, £8.25 per hour
• Must be outgoing, approachable, have a positive attitude and enjoy working with people.
• Highly motivated, willing and able to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
• Must be able to ski / snowboard, to an intermediate level.
• Be responsible, punctual, honest, and have an excellent work ethic.
• Able to work individually and as part of a team to complete assigned tasks in a safe, timely manner.
• Must be able to remain friendly, calm and professional, but firm in challenging conditions.
• First Aid Qualification or willingness to obtain one.
• Previous experience working at a ski field or with rope tows in particular.
• Responsible for the safe operation of a rope tow as assigned by the Operations Manager.
• Maintain the appearance and tidiness of the facilities throughout the day.
• Communicate hazards/problems to the Club's directors while demonstrating initiative in anticipating and handling routine and emergency procedures safely.
• Assist Ski Club officers with routine operational checks and start-up.
• Contributes to a positive team environment.
• Ensure that daily duties are conducted in a safe, timely and proficient manner.
• Additional duties as required by the Operations Manager: ski pass checking, special events, etc.